Monday, January 19, 2009

3 Earthcaches = Certificate...or does it?



I recently found my 3rd Earthcache. These cache types are significant geological sites - so not a physical cache - but a place to learn about some exciting geological thing...

I've found 3 Earthcaches
1. Vulcan's Mecca in Lassen Volcanic Park, CA
2. The Devil's Breath also in Lassen Volcanic Park, CA
3. You don't have to tremor in San Francisco

The site I just went to is at the San Andreas Fault where the 1906 San Francisco earthquake occurred and it was cool to stand at the spot where the fault moved 9 whole feet! Woah!

I also found out that when you find 3 earthcache you can get a Bronze EarthCache Master certificate...but then after the excitement found they had to be in 2 different states. Darn! So will have to target another one...

No comments:

Post a Comment